Stuffed and Braaied Bulked Peppers
Ingredients (for 6 large peppers)
- 2-3 bags No Calorie Rice Pearls
- 6 Large Bell Peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Red Onion, Small Dice
- 3 yellow patty-pans, Small Dice
- 1 Medium Green Zucchini, Small Dice
- 2 Cups Corn Kernels
- 1 Medium Tomato, Small Dice
- 1 Large Pinch Salt
- 1 Large Pinch Pepper
- 4 Cloves Garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 Cup Basil, Cut into ribbons
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare the peppers by slicing and removing seeds and ribs. Rub with Olive Oil
- To prepare the stuffing, in a large skillet, add the Red onion and baby marrow. Saute over medium-high heat until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add the Corn, Tomatoes, Salt, Pepper and Garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the Basil, and Parmesan Cheese. Remove from heat and stir to mix. Finally, mix in your well drained and rinsed No Calorie Rice Pearls and make sure the mix is well combined!
- Scoop about 1 cup of the stuffing into each of the Pepper halves. Sprinkle additional cheese over the top of each if desired.
- Braai about 30 minutes until the peppers have softened. and slightly charring on the edges.
- Serve HOT and ENJOY these Perfectly Packed Pearly Peppers GUILT-FREE!