https://nocalnoodle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/No-Calorie-Noodle-logo.png 0 0 Clint-Noodle https://nocalnoodle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/No-Calorie-Noodle-logo.png Clint-Noodle2017-10-17 13:18:132017-10-17 13:18:13Fantastic Frittata
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 1 bag No Calorie Noodles Fettuccine (Original or Spinach)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Half onion, chopped
- Button mushrooms, sliced (just a few as these tend to become too watery in this recipe)
- Around 150g frozen spinach, cooked (fresh is good too!)
- 1 extra large egg
- 3 extra large egg whites
- Around 3 quarter cups low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Pinch of salt and grind of freshly ground black pepper (or more if desired)
- A few shakes cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Coat your pan with spray and cook.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat olive oil. Add onions and mushrooms. Saute 5 minutes, until onions start to soften and mushrooms are a little browned.
- Drain, rinse and dry your bag of No Calorie Noodles Fettuccine before adding to the pan and spreading around. Add spinach. Distribute ingredients around your No Calorie Noodles evenly and cook until most of the moisture is evaporated, stirring occasionally (generally only another few minutes).
- When finished, pour fettuccine-spinach mixture on to a plate. Spread out and let cool for a few minutes. (You’re doing this so it won’t cook the eggs when they’re combined.)
- Meanwhile, combine eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Beat lightly. Add cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne if using. Stir. Add your fettuccine-and-spinach mixture and stir quickly to blend.
- Quickly pour into sprayed pan and shake a little to spread out.
- Bake about 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool 10 minutes before filling up (without filling out… of course)!