https://nocalnoodle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/No-Calorie-Noodle-logo.png 0 0 Clint-Noodle https://nocalnoodle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/No-Calorie-Noodle-logo.png Clint-Noodle2017-10-17 13:16:142017-10-17 13:16:14Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 bags No Calorie Noodles
- 5 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups chopped onion (about 1 onion)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- leftover cooked chicken breast, cubed (about 500 grams)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- salt and black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Lime wedges
- Use a strainer to rinse and drain the No Calorie Noodles well. Cut the noodles into smaller pieces with kitchen scissors and set aside.
- In a medium-large pot combine the next 6 ingredients (broth through cayenne) and set to medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally and cook until the onion is soft about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the No Calorie Noodles, lime juice, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro. Continue to simmer until the noodles are hot, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with sea salt, black pepper, and additional cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
- Evenly top each serving with the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.