http://nocalnoodle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/No-Calorie-Noodle-logo.png 0 0 Clint-Noodle http://nocalnoodle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/No-Calorie-Noodle-logo.png Clint-Noodle2017-10-17 14:01:042017-10-17 14:01:04Tasty Tumeric Soup
Tasty Tumeric Soup
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 bags No Calorie Noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (about 4 cloves)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Around 1 litre vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 can beans of choice, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- In a large saucepan or pot over medium-low, warm oil. Add onion; stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until the onions begin to brown. Add carrots and celery; cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the vegetables soften.
- Add turmeric, garlic, ginger, and cayenne; stir until the vegetables are coated. Cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add broth, water, salt, and pepper; stir. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Add cauliflower. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- When the cauliflower is fork tender, add beans, kale, and noodles. Cook until the kale is slightly wilted. Serve hot.
- Finally, add you’re ready drained and rinsed No Calorie Noodles before serving while simmering!