http://nocalnoodle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/No-Calorie-Noodle-logo.png 0 0 Clint-Noodle http://nocalnoodle.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/No-Calorie-Noodle-logo.png Clint-Noodle2017-10-17 13:40:452017-10-17 13:40:45Perfect Pad-Thai
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 bags No Calorie Noodles
- Half cup onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1 tbs ginger, minced
- 1-1/2 c bean sprouts
- 400g soft tofu (can substitute chicken)
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Tobasco (to taste)
- Lime wedges, for serving
Pad Thai Sauce
- 1 c boiling water
- 1 stock cube
- 1/4 c + 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbls honey
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- Prepare the No Calorie Noodles as per package instructions.
- Boil noodles for one minute and drain. Place in a wok or large pan over high heat and dry fry until water is dissolved. Set aside.
- Prepare the Pad Thai sauce
- Soak the stock cube in the boiling water for at least 15 minutes, mashing and whisking periodically.
- Add soy sauce, honey, and peanut butter to the mixture. Whisk until dissolved and set aside.
- Stir-fry the Pad Thai
- Place a wok or large pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick spray. Add onions, the white parts of the green onions, and red pepper. Stir fry until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and bean sprouts and saute until fragrant, about another minute. Deglaze with a small amount of sauce if anything threatens to stick.
- Add tofu (or chicken) and your No Calorie Noodles, stir to combine breaking tofu into small pieces that resemble egg.
- Add remaining sauce and green onions and stir to combine.
- Garnish with cilantro and peanuts. Serve with Tabasco and lime wedges.